(Last week’s rankings in parenthesis)
1. (2) Manteca (10-1) — The Buffaloes’ lone loss this season was by one point to Central Coast Section contender Wilcox (Santa Clara).
2. (1) Merced (8-3) — The Bears ran into a hot team (Jesuit) from a hot conference (Delta River League).
3. (3) Pitman (7-4) — Early in the season, the Pride looked ready to make a deep run in the Sac-Joaquin Section playoffs. Started 4-0, finished 3-4.
4. (nr) Oakdale (7-4) — This is what Oakdale High School does ... it makes runs in the Sac-Joaquin Section playoffs.
5. (4) Patterson (9-2) — Fantastic season that started with nine consecutive victories ended with consecutive losses.
1. (1) Central Catholic (10-1) — Essentially got a bye last week with 75-0 drubbing of Marysville. Colfax should be more of a test this week.
2. (2) Hilmar (11-0) — Yellowjackets trounced Liberty Ranch to earn a rematch with Week 8 opponent Escalon.
3. (3) Ripon (10-1) — Indians are healthy and ready to face the Redskins of Calaveras, who are coming off a big win over Hughson.
4. (5) Le Grand (10-0) — Received a first-round bye to open the Division 5 playoffs and are one victory from a fifth consecutive trip to the section final. Can you say “dynasty?”
5. (nr) Escalon (7-4) — See Large School No. 4. Like Oakdale, Escalon always seems to be relevant come the postseason