(Last weeks rankings in parenthesis)
1. (1) Merced (8-2) The Bears handled intracity rival Golden Valley last week to complete a perfect run thorugh Central California Conference play.
2. (2) Manteca (9-1) The Buffaloes outscored their seven Valley Oak League opponents 352-89 with their closest game a 15-point victory over Oakdale.
3. (4) Pitman (7-3) There may be a question as to whether the Pride peaked too early, but theyll be ready for their first-round game against Franklin (Elk Grove.)
4. (3) Patterson (9-1) Central Catholic spoiled the Tigers bid for a perfect regular season, and it doesnt get easier with playoff opener against Oakdale.
5. (5) Modesto (7-3) Five-game winning streak to finish regular season gave Panthers an MMC co-title and a first-round home game against Pleasant Grove.
1. (1) Central Catholic (9-1) Raiders have won eight straight since lone loss at St. Marys, and were rewarded for tough schedule with No. 1 seed in Division 4.
2. (2) Hilmar (10-0) YellowJackets might be a little miffed over being seeded No. 2 in playoffs behind Central Catholic, but may get chance to prove point on field.
3. (3) Ripon (9-1) Indians got a bye week heading into playoffs, so they should be healthy when Dixon comes to town for playoff opener..
4. (nr) Sierra (7-3) Timberwolves placement in Division 4 not only makes them a section darkhorse, but warrants their move into the small-school rankings.
5. (4) Le Grand (10-0) Bulldogs might not be challenged during their run toward a fourth straight Division V title. First up: a bye week to get healthy.