As our society experiences a surge of immigrants, usually tolerant individuals experience frustration and anger as differences divide rather than unite. Change is difficult for us and new ones. In researching answers, I came across some guidelines that may help new ones succeed in their new country.
• learn the language.
• accept and come to understand the new culture.
• conform to local customs.
• study your new environment and ask questions about it.
• make an effort to integrate as a family.
• cooperate with the authorities; do your best to legalize your status.
• withdraw from your host community.
• consider your own culture superior.
• make money and possessions the first thing in your life.
• expect your children to cling to your original culture.
• look down on your parents because they have a different background.
• migrate separately from your family, if you can avoid it.
If you learn the language of your new country, you will broaden your contacts. Courtesy, respect, kindness and a smile are universal languages that speak more effectively than words in any environment.