1. Steven Machado, Orestimba. Warriors' career-leading rusher (pictured) totaled 1,958 yards and 23 TDs last year. About 15 pounds heavier.
2. Andre Edwards, Modesto Christian. Recovered from an ACL injury as a sophomore and gained 680 yards in 3-RB system last fall. Could break out as senior.
3. Tanner Duron, Hughson. Elusive and unpredictable RB went for 1,806 yards and 22 TDs in 2012. Huskies wouldn't be favored without him.
4. Michael Morris, Ripon. Third-year two-way varsity star switches from TE to RB. Big shoes to fill in the graduated Josh McCreath. Also returns as LB.
5. Christian May, Escalon. Versatile junior to be featured at RB, WR and S. One of 18 new starters for Cougars.