Fire damages attic, kitchen of Modesto hom

local@modbee.comJuly 29, 2013 

Firefighters removed burned pieces of insulation that caught fire in the attic of a home on the 300 block of Imperial Avenue on Monday.

Extensive damage to the attic and kitchen prevented the family from returning to the home.

The Red Cross is helping three adults and two teens with emergency lodging and emergency food and clothing. They also received comfort kits and referrals for new housing and other help.

Authorities say the fire appears more than likely to be accidental.

Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service