HUGHSON — A Sunday morning fire burned 150 to 200 wooden bins filled with walnuts at Mid Valley Nut, a Hughson walnut processing company.
The cause of the blaze appears to be spontaneous, and there were no injuries, said Battalion Chief Eric DeHart with the Stanislaus Consolidated Fire Protection District.
Consolidated firefighters assisted the Hughson Fire Protection District in putting out the fire, which was reported about 8:30 a.m. Mid Valley Nut is on Geer Road between Fox Road and East Whitmore Avenue.
Mid Valley and the fire protection district could not be reached for comment.