Blaze consumes walnuts at Hughson company

local@modbee.comMay 19, 2013 

— A Sunday morning fire burned 150 to 200 wooden bins filled with walnuts at Mid Valley Nut, a Hughson walnut processing company.

The cause of the blaze appears to be spontaneous, and there were no injuries, said Battalion Chief Eric DeHart with the Stanislaus Consolidated Fire Protection District.

Consolidated firefighters assisted the Hughson Fire Protection District in putting out the fire, which was reported about 8:30 a.m. Mid Valley Nut is on Geer Road between Fox Road and East Whitmore Avenue.

Mid Valley and the fire protection district could not be reached for comment.

Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service