Modestan shot dead in San Jose

May 9, 2013 

— A Modesto man was shot to death Wednesday in San Jose following an argument between family members, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

Police were called to the 2900 block of Westboro Drive at 12:13 p.m. on reports that someone had been shot.

Police found the man suffering from at least one bullet wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene, the newspaper reported.

Police did not release the victim's identity, but his brother told the Mercury News he was Ralph Gomez, 46, of Modesto. He said his brother and his wife had been visiting San Jose and staying at the home in East San Jose.

Joe Gomez said a close relative has been named as the suspected shooter, but San Jose police would not confirm that information Wednesday night.

Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service