Small fire reported at Turlock High School

local@modbee.comApril 23, 2013 

— Authorities responded to a small fire started in a boys bathroom at Turlock High School on Tuesday.

The blaze was quickly extinguished and no injuries were reported, Turlock police Sgt. Steve Webb said.

Still, as a precaution, the roads around the school were blocked off while firefighters dealt with the situation.

The fire was started during lunch period when many students were not in class.

There was no estimate on damage.

Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service