MODESTO — This week is testing time for lots of districts, the most stressful weeks of the year on campus. Inspired by the website TestTakingTips.com come these ideas for school grown-ups:
1. Take a deep breath and count to ten -- by twos or fives if it helps.
2. Stand and stretch, take a short walk around the classroom.
3. Smile, even if the happy has to kick in later.
4. Stop and smell the roses notice small positives, chuckle freely.
5. Know your limits. Its OK to say no.
6. Acquit yourself sometimes poop happens.
7. Seek calm. Easy tunes, the Serenity Prayer find your own tension talisman.
8. When you need help, get help. Talk to a friend or fellow knotted-neck proctor.
9. Come prepared: rest, eat healthy, exercise.
10. After school take a nap, zone out with a movie, soak in a hot bath
Rinse. Repeat, until testing days are done.