MODESTO — A benefit concert in memory of Tylor Crippen will be held Friday at 6 p.m. at the Queen Bean Coffee House in downtown Modesto. A $5 donation is recommended at the door and all proceeds will go to the Tylor Crippen Memorial Scholarship Fund/Creekwood Park Foundation. Crippen was killed in Creekwood Park on Jan. 29. Three suspects are accused of trying to rob him and his girlfriend before killing him. The foundation has paid for a tree planted at the park in Crippen's honor and a bench that is expected to be installed this month. Any money donated to the foundation now will be used to support a scholarship fund in Crippen's name. Crippen's friend Nick Ward helped organize the concert, which will feature nine bands playing mostly punk rock. "Tylor really loved music, so we thought a concert was a good fit," he said.
- Related Stories:
- Sorrowful day in Modesto court as 3 teens charged in park slaying
- Vigil held for teenager slain in Modesto park
- Modesto teen's slaying began as cell phone theft attempt
- Park stabbing suspects appear in Stanislaus court
- Memorial planned for Modesto park where teen was killed
- Teen suspect may go to adult lockup
- Charges, victims rise in Modesto park stabbing
Copyright 2013 The_Modesto_Bee. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.