Electrical problem found to be cause of Turlock fire

local@modbee.comDecember 18, 2012 

— An electrical malfunction caused a two-alarm fire last week near California State University, Stanislaus, Turlock Fire Division Chief Mark Gomez said.

The Wednesday morning blaze burned out one unit of a fourplex, part of an apartment complex on Tampa Street behind Orchard Supply Hardware on Geer Road.

An older woman who lives in the apartment managed to get out safely, and there were no injuries.

Two other apartments sustained water damage.

Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service