TURLOCK -- A Turlock man was arrested Thursday night after a search of his home turned up weapons that might have been used in a drive-by shooting last month.
Turlock police said Hector Cruz, 30, was driving erratically down residential Picard Lane on Oct. 2 when a resident in the area yelled at him to slow down.
Cruz left the area and then allegedly returned with a gun and shot three to four rounds at the resident who was still standing in his yard talking with a friend, said officer Mayra Lewis.
The victim was hit in the thigh and grazed in the abdomen but survived his injuries. His friend was not hurt.
Through investigation on the case, detectives identified Cruz as the shooter, Lewis said.
Officers searched his home, just a few blocks from the scene of the shooting, in the 1100 block of Stone Court around 11 p.m. Thursday.
They seized a semiautomatic pistol, assault rifle and semiautomatic rifle, Lewis said. Detectives are investigating if any of the weapons recovered were used in the October drive-by shooting. Cruz is not allowed to have any firearms because he is a convicted felon, Lewis said.
He was booked on suspicion of attempted murder and weapons charges.