STANISLAUS DISTRICT RANKINGS
1. (2) Turlock (4-0): Kevin Kramer leads last-minute drive for game-winning FG to top then-No. 1 Modesto. Passing game must improve if 'Dogs expect to win CCC crown.
2. (1) Modesto (3-1): Defense continues to struggle with the run, and it paid the price vs. Turlock. No one's capable of staying with receivers when Panthers go to the spread.
3. (3) Buhach Colony (3-0): Thunder is rolling along with routs the last two weeks, and RB tandem of Jarrell Davis and Dallon Muse take run at winless Rodriguez on Friday.
4. (4) Sonora (2-1): Squeaker in the foothills as Sonora escapes with a 49-48 OT win over Calaveras in final game before VOL play. These two could meet again in playoffs.
5. (6) Manteca (3-0): These Buffs are all about the points -- a good thing, since they're struggling to stop anyone. Good news is coming: Next two foes are combined 0-6.
6. (10) Patterson (3-1): Blanking Escalon in second half produced the Tigers' biggest win in years -- maybe since coach Rob Cozart arrived. Defense passed first big test.
7. (5) Escalon (2-1): Next two foes a combined 0-7 and Cougars are heavily favored to win every game still on the schedule, so they'll need to provide their own motivation.
8. (7) Enochs (2-2): Lost to No. 3 Buhach Colony and No. 5 Manteca by a total of 3 points. Eagles capable of winning every game left on schedule, so it could go 8-2.
9. (8) Pitman (2-1): Loss to No. 1 Modesto looks good, but rest of schedule is a wasteland. Pride's opponents during Week 2 through Week 5 are a combined 0-12.
10. (9) Oakdale (1-2): Mustangs face Sierra, a battle of two teams in desperate need of a win. With Sonora and Manteca playing well, loser here might be out of playoffs.
11. (nr) Central Catholic (1-2): Back in rankings after a rout of large-school Rosemont, Raiders can continue to climb if they beat D-1 schools Johansen and Tokay (3-0).
12. (11) Los Banos (2-2): Tigers' lost Westside War by a point, as defense unable to stop Dos Palos' running game.
13. (12) Sierra (1-2): Only win vs. 0-4 Davis, but losses to quality teams. Everything could be on the line Friday.
14. (13) Livingston (4-0): Giving up a lot of points vs. average foes, so defense needs to get tough before WAC
15. (14) Waterford (3-0): Week off should be a bonus as surprising Wildcats host Turlock Christian in SL opener.