The following is a questionnaire sent out by The Bee to candidates for the November 2009 election. Candidates supplied the answers, and they are being published it their unedited form.
What is your full, legal name?
Joseph Richard Muratore
What name do you prefer be used in print?
What office do you seek?
Modesto City CouncilpersonDistrict 4
What is the primary reason you are running for this office?
Modesto should be a place where residents feel secure, see opportunity, and are proud to call home. I am running because I want to use my experience, energy, and ideas to make Modesto:
• A safe place to live, work, retire and raise a family;
• A city where living wage jobs are created and retained resulting in economic opportunities for working families; and
• A local government that is efficient, sustainable and prudent.
What will be your single most important priority if you get elected?
As a City Councilperson I will be highly focused on creating both a safe and economically vibrant city. Both issues are equally important.
What sets you apart from the other candidates?
• Life-Long Resident
• Local Business Owner
• Veteran-U.S. Army
• Product of Local Schools
• Active Community/ Board Member: La Loma Neighborhood Association, CSU Stanislaus School of Business, Salvation Army, Boy Scouts, Modesto Rotary Club
• Endorsed by: Mayor Jim Ridenour, Councilman Brad Hawn, Supervisor Jeff Grover, Sheriff Adam Christianson, School Superintendant Arturo Flores & dozens of other local community leaders.
Where do you work and what is your job title? (If retired, list position before retirement) Principal/ Co-Owner: Sentinel Rock Realty Trust, 1120 13th St., Ste. H, Modesto, Ca
Sentinel Rock Realty Trust is a commercial real estate asset management firm. What date were you born and where?
July 4th, 1978 at the City Hospital in Modesto, Ca.
What is your spouse's name, if any?
What are the names and ages of your children, if any?
No children, yet. Please list the schools and colleges you attended, the degrees you attained and when.
Davis High SchoolDiploma (1997)
Modesto Junior CollegeAssociate of Arts Degree (1999)
California State University-StanislausBachelor of Arts Degree (2001)
Harvard UniversityGraduate Certificate in Management (2003)
Have you ever held an elected or appointed public office? (Include dates and office title)
Have you run before for an elected public office? (Include dates and exact office title)
Approximately how much money do you expect to spend on your campaign?
Have you ever been convicted or charged with a crime other than a minor traffic violation? If so, please explain and include dates and locations.
Have you or a business you owned or had principal interest in ever filed bankruptcy? If so, please include dates and the location the bankruptcy was filed.